TalentInc Canada

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Curse

   Have you guys had “the talk” with your parents yet? You know what I am talking about. THE..talk.. Well in my family we don’t really talk about ...things. When my mom finally sat me down to talk to me about dating.... all she said was don’t ever let a boy touch you, you know where....and she spelled out where...that was it.

   But I do remember her and my aunties talking about how I better be careful cause when they all turned 13 they got the “curse”. Well..they kept talking about it like it was something awful.. like some sort of rare disease. 

   So sure enough...my 13th birthday came... and I could hardly get out of bed for fear of this dreaded curse... well... a week went by and I was still feeling fine.. no sign of this horrible curse...so I went to someone who I trusted, and who I thought could give me some straight answers... no it was NOT my mother..it was the school nurse. I marched right into her office and told her I hadn’t gotten the curse yet. She looked at me and said, you mean to tell me you haven’t gotten your period yet? I scowled at her and said “well of course ...I got my period when I was 11, I’m not a baby... but what has that got to do with this curse!” 

Way to go MOM!

1 comment:

  1. A-mazing. Hilarious. I'll recomend this piece to all my friends.

    ReplyDelete