TalentInc Canada

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Child Of War

Michael Fessaha:


Don’t tell me how to feel. (long pause) I know what I feel...all I have ever done is feel. (remembering his mother, maybe holding a photograph of her that is all tattered) I felt when they took me away from my mother, and they made me watch her call out to me as they beat her....and laughed...I still remember them laughing at me for crying...so don’t tell me how to feel. All my crying , and all my feeling couldn’t save my mother....it only amused those...(with disgust) men...Men who abused her... right in front of me...and made me watch...before they slit her throat, and left her to die in my arms....you don’t know what I am feeling...I used to feel love...but I can’t anymore...all I feel is hate...hate for everything around me...even you.

This Monologue is dedicated to Michael Fessaha who performed this monologue and booked the short film "Child of War" which will be hitting the film festival circuits in 2012. To see more about him be sure to visit www.Talent-Inc.ca

14 comments:

  1. I really liked that it was great way to practice emotion! I'm trying to work on that you really helped thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for this im trying out for theatre at my preforming arts school

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much i am thinking of using this monologue for my enrollment in the International Thespian Society.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol very deep <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is very deep if it were a book I would read it. congrats on writing it. It's a great monologue to practice emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you. I'm working on emotion and this helps a lot.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so sad:( ,but amazing

    ReplyDelete
  8. who wrote this monologue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John Stevens, one of the co-founders of Talent INC Canada

      Delete
  9. i like this monologue so much and i am going to use it to try out for LaGuardia i hope i get in

    ReplyDelete
  10. This monologue is perfect! I have successfully brought my friends to tears. I'm using this to audition for a talent agency!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks using this for my matilda peformance

    ReplyDelete